Our high-quality products are safe. Our systematic safety assurance extends throughout the value chain. We procure animals directly from the farms, so we know how and in what kind of environment they are farmed.
We follow strict product safety standards throughout our production chain. All HKScan’s production units have a certified product safety system in use (IFS, BRC or FSSC 22000). In addition, our productions operate in accordance with the statutory self-monitoring plan.
Our operating countries are naturally good places to produce meat, also in terms of environment.
All HKScan’s operating countries are well-equipped to ensure a safe food chain. We have abundant and clean water resources, cool climate, cold winters, long summer days, clean soil and air. Together with professional farmers, we ensure food safety from field to table.
Product safety taken into account throughout our value chain
- Safe feed of high-quality
- Low use of pesticides
- Production practices: high level of hygiene and disease protection
- Hygiene rules and regulations concerning employees and visitors
- Healthy animals; we use no antibiotics or hormones for growth promotion
Food production, storage and transportation
- Certified product safety management systems
- Production units approved by local authorities for the production of foods of animal origin, in accordance with the EU legislation
- High-quality raw materials and ingredients as well as knowledge of origin
- Risk analysis and prevention in production
- Strict hygiene practices in production and personal hygiene
- Continuous monitoring, e.g. temperatures, microbiology
- Product shelf life testing
- Safe packaging materials
- Skilled employees
- Packaging with product information on the contents
- Storage instructions
- Hygienic food handling
- Cooking or heating instructions
- Customer feedback